The innovative pharmaceutical industry has clearly demonstrated the need and value of innovation and science to ensure the effective prevention and treatment of COVID-19 along with the many therapeutic areas. At a global level, we are committed to:
- Use our expertise and know-how to speed up the development of safe and effective vaccines to prevent COVID-19.
- Increase our manufacturing capabilities and share available capacity to ramp up production once successful vaccines or treatments are developed.
- Work to secure continuity of supply for all essential medicines, vaccines, and diagnostics for patients with other life-threatening diseases.
Collaborate with governments towards more simplified and accelerated policy procedures to ensure sustainable healthcare for all those in need. In Vietnam, we are supportive of and willing to work closely with the Government and the Ministry of Health towards:
- Fast and sustainable access: Getting at least 150 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines into Vietnam by the end of 2021, while securing access to medicines for treatment of COVID-19 conditions.
- Equitable access: Developing and deploying a National Vaccination Program which will ensure timely and equitable access to the available vaccine doses, following a government-led prioritization approach in accordance with Resolution 21/NQ-CP.
- Protect personnel in healthcare settings: In addition to prioritizing the frontline healthcare workers, we seek the consideration for personnel who are facing increased risk of exposure in their workplace, including workers in pharmacies, polyclinics, private clinics, employees of pharmaceutical companies who are in frequent contact with hospitals and healthcare workers, to be suitably included in the priority groups.
About EuroCham Pharma Group
EuroCham Pharma Group (PG) represents the voice of the research-based pharmaceutical companies in Vietnam. PG and our 22 member companies all share the same mission: to ensure Vietnamese patients have fast and sustainable access to safe, high-quality and innovative medicines, whilst fostering a top-tier healthcare system in partnership with the Vietnamese Government. Pharma Group operates as a Sector Committee of the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam.