The European International School Ho Chi Minh City (EIS) is one of only 2 IB World Schools in Ho Chi Minh City that offers the full Continuum of IB Programmes - the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the Diploma Programme (DP). The School has been offering scholarships to worthy students since 2014, this year EIS continues to offer scholarship opportunities to students who demonstrate exceptional academic performance and a commitment to community service. Merit-based Scholarships are available for students entering Grade 11 in August 2019 and who have the potential to achieve high IB Diploma scores.
Two types of scholarships are available:
- The 2-year A-Star Scholarship (*) - 100% of the tuition fees are covered by the scholarship (excluding field trips, exam fees and other direct costs).
- EIS Merit Scholarships - up to 50% scholarships available (excluding field trips, exam fees and other direct costs) tuition fee covered.
The EIS Scholarship Programme can be a life-changing opportunity for a select few students. In addition to academic achievement and potential, selection for the Merit Scholarships are based on each candidate’s teamwork, leadership skills, critical thinking and engagement within their community.
Scholarship recipients tend to be among the most active students in the School. They have led school activities, including the Model United Nations, the Global Issues Network, sports teams, assemblies, fundraising, after school activities and even tutoring younger students. While scholarship recipients are expected to be academically competitive, they also pursue excellence in a community-minded and collaborative manner, continuing their unique perspective to the already strong enquiry-based academic focus within the School. Previous Scholarship recipients all went on to receive significant scholarship assistance at leading world universities.
To qualify for a Merit-based Scholarship, a student must have:
- The potential to achieve high IB Diploma scores
- A minimum English language level of CEFR B2, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Dedication to engage and support the school’s Community Service Programme
- Ability to become leaders in school activities and to be positive role models to others
Scholarships will be offered to applicants based on criteria including academic record, assessment and interview result. Early application is highly recommended due to a limited number of places available. Application can be completed online or sent via email or post by 24th May 2019.
Address: 730 F-G-K Le Van Mien, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone number: (+84 28) 7300 7257 - ext. 108 (Ms. Emily)