On 20 April, EuroCham Delegation consisted of Chairman Jens Ruebbert and other board members was received by Director General for Standards, Metrology and Quality (STAMEQ) Tran Van Vinh and its relevant departments.
In depth discussion were joined by relevant departments of STAMEQ and representatives of EuroCham Sector Committees, namely: Food, Agri & Aqua Business Sector Committee, Nutritional Food Group , Medical Devices and Diagnostics
To name some, methods of sampling and testing, market access of fertilizer, requirements for additional certification, food safety management and the importance of law enforcement, risk-based assessment and sanitary and phytosanitary measures, improvement of the current laboratories system, upgrade testing methods and facilities to be in accordance with international standards (for example, the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) or national organisations for standardisations) to ensure accurate, quick, impartial and fair testing results.
Director Tran Van Vinh discussed the issues and recommendations
EuroCham Chairman Jens Ruebbert
Chairman Jens Ruebbert expressed EuroCham’s willing to continue the support and strengthen the cooperation with Ministry of Science Technology and STAMEQ, specifically:
- Quality, standards in some specific sectors; contributing to the drafting legislations related to standards and technical regulations, measure, and quality of products and goods, product labelling and barcode;
- Cooperation with other Departments: Department of Standards; Department of Conformity Assessment; Products & Goods Quality Administration; Vietnam Standards & Quality Institute; Vietnam Certification Centre; Information Centre for Standards, Metrology and Quality and SMEs Development Support Center 1, 2 with the below main activities: Trade & investment promotion, Sustainable development: on Green productivity, energy efficiency, climate change.
- Technology & Equipment: Providing equipment and tools for usage in laboratories, technology consultancy and transfer;
- Productivity & Quality: Providing training, consultancy and guidance
- Effective implementation of productivity & quality improvement tools and management systems.