Established in May 2014, Green Growth Sector Committee (GGSC) aims to work with stakeholders to fulfill its mission: to facilitate the mainstreaming, abolishment of barriers and development of the conditions that are essential for Green Business to prosper in Vietnam. To fulfill this mission, GGSC works together with the Government of Vietnam and its agencies as well as with Vietnamese and European companies and other stakeholders.
Focus areas of GGSC: Renewable energy and energy efficiency; clean and environmental technologies (including water, waste and sanitation); financing green business; sustainable buildings; and urban and industrial green growth.
- Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency
- Sustainable Cities
- Circular Economy
How to join: Kindly fill in this Application form to join GGSC and send to the Sector Committee Secretariat email at: email@example.com. Also click here for GGCS's Internal Rules and Mission Statement and here for EuroCham's "Dos and Don'ts" for Sector Committees.
Please be informed that EuroCham Sector Committees are self-financed, self-governed bottom-up entitites. Thus, the activities are limited by membership fees and focus areas set by the members of the Sector Committee. For GGSC, the 2019 membership fees are as follows:
- Individual: VND 1,750,000/year
- SMEs: VND 3,500,000/year
- Large enterprises: VND 7,500,000/year
Key interests and Position paper
- The Made in Vietnam Energy Plan
EVBN and Dragon Capital Group Ltd. supported the production of the Plan, with assistance from Amcham and Norcham.
This authoritative report highlights the energy solutions of Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy and domestic Natural Gas as a low emissions, fast deployed alternative to coal plants fuelled by imported coal.
The key advantages of MVEP to Vietnam are:
- Fast Speed of Deployment of these domestic energy solutions - wind, solar, biomass and energy efficiency on heavy industry can be implemented in a year or less;
- Low Risk solution - in the plan there is no risk connected to fluctuating Asian coal prices. It delviers a predictable price of energy for consumers;
- Energy Efficiency if implemented as the Plan suggests, investment in efficiency would cancel the need for 11% of the planned growth of power generation to 2030 - a much more efficient energy market will result;
- Transfer of the Capital Investment Burden from the State to the Private Sector;
- Emissions are reduced and Vietnam’s Climate Change commitments can be met;
- Financing is available for clean energy, while the supply of finance for new coal plants is shrinking.
- Carbon Trust - Supporting Vietnam's Renewable Energy Action Plan - Nov 2016
- Presentation by Mr. Christoph Schill, Vice-Chairman of Green Growth Sector Committee in EuroCham Business Compass - 21st Nov 2016
- Presentations in Sustainable Building Solutions Towards A Smart City event - 24th Nov 2016
1 Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A
2 Pracsis South East Asia
3 Dragon Capital Group Limited
4 Siam City Cement (Vietnam) Ltd.
5 Duane Morris Vietnam LLC
6 ABB Ltd.
7 BASF Vietnam Co Ltd.
8 The Representative Office of Terramar GmbH in Ho Chi Minh City
9 Schneider Electric Viet Nam
10 Philips Electronics (Lighting) Vietnam Ltd.
11 Representative Office of AES Holdings B.V. in Hanoi
12 Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
13 Hogan Lovells International LLP
14 Filip Graovac: Individual member
15 Reverse Logistics Group Vietnam
16 TILIA GMBH Representative Office in Ho Chi Minh City
17 Indochina Energy Partners PTE. LTD
18 HEINEKEN Vietnam Brewery Ltd.
19 Concordia International School Hanoi
20 Artelia Vietnam Co., Ltd.
21 Bestiani Engineering Co., Ltd.
22 Mainstream Renewable Power
23 Royal HaskoningDHV Vietnam Ltd.
24 Saint-Gobain Vietnam Company Limited
Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A
1. Brian Hull
2. Christoph Schill
Pracsis South East Asia
3. Gavin Smith
4. Giles T. Cooper
5. Nguyen Cong Minh Bao
Siam City Cement Vietnam
6. Tanachart Ralsiripong