CropLife Vietnam is a member assocation of CropLife Asia - a non-profit society and the regional organization of CropLife International, the voice of the global plant science industry. CropLife advocate a safe, secure food supply, and our vision is food security enabled by innovative agriculture. CropLife Vietnam and member companies are committed to long-term investment in new technology to ensure that Vietnam’s 25 million farmers can realize higher crop yields, contribute towards the nation’s vibrant agricultural economy, and produce more high-quality food while minimizing impact on the environment and world around us. We encourage the adoption of plant science innovations including crop protection, seeds and/or biotechnology solutions.
Aims & Objectives:
- Advocate to implement a science-based; functioning and internationally harmonized regulatory systems for crop protection and agriculture biotechnology products
- Support to develop a robust system to protect property rights to registration data used to support crop protection products in Vietnam.
- Promote a robust patent system with vigilant enforcement for both crop protection products and products of agricultural biotechnology.
- Initiate and implement the product stewardship programs in Vietam
- Increase public acceptance and adoption of agricultural biotechnology in Vietnam
- Promote the requirement by the Vietnamese authorities of Good Manufacturing Practices for crop protection products.
- Raise awareness of the economic, social and health problems created by counterfeit crop protection products and counterfeit products of biotechnology in Vietnam
- Promote the use of science-based risk management procedures by regulatory authorities in Vietnam.