Aims & Objectives:
- Creation of uniform standards for registration of crop protection products from both foreign and domestic applicants.
- Creation of a robust system to protect property rights to registration data used to support crop protection products in Vietnam.
- Promote a robust patent system with vigilant enforcement for both crop protection products and products of agricultural biotechnology.
- Support the product stewardship programs funded by CropLife Asia for Vietnam.
- Promote the acceptance and use of agricultural biotechnology in Vietnam
- Promote the requirement by the Vietnamese authorities of Good Manufacturing Practices for crop protection products.
- Promote the use of FAO specifications as quality standards for registrations of generic products in Vietnam.
- Raise awareness of the economic, social and health problems created by counterfeit crop protection products and counterfeit products of biotechnology in Vietnam
- Promote the use of science-based risk management procedures by regulatory authorities in Vietnam.
Key interests and Position paper
Safe Food Production
Stewardship: Safe and Effective Use of Crop Protection Products