1. The mission of the Legal Sector Committee (“LSC”) is to “create a legal level playing field for European businesses in Vietnam.”
2. The LSC is committed to creating revenue for the European Chamber of Commerce (“EuroCham”) through its activities mentioned in point 5 below.
3. The LSC shall primarily focus on:
a. Vietnam's service sector market access commitments in the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement;
b. WTO service sector market access commitments; and
c. Other investment-related issues of vital importance to European business in Vietnam.
4. To fulfill its mission, the LSC works together with the Government of Vietnam and its agencies as well as with Vietnamese and European companies and other stakeholders. The LSC works in a manner that enables it to fulfill its mission taking into account the interdependence of the issues raised by its members and the sector.
5. The LSC shall act in a professional, lawful and respectful manner and in compliance with the Sector Committee Rules and Statutes.
6. LSC's topics of the EuroCham's Whitebook 2020:
- Commercial Mediation
- EVFTA and EVIPA
- Judicial and Arbitral Recourse
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Real Estate
State of purpose
The Legal Sector Committee:
a. Organize business luncheons, dinners, or breakfast meetings with the purpose of networking and information sharing on relevant new laws and the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement as well as other relevant Trade Agreements;
b. Organize seminars, workshops, conferences, and training sessions for EuroCham members on issues and topics that will promote their business development;
c. Organize training courses for Vietnamese lawyers on issues related to the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement and other regulations affecting European business in Vietnam;
d. Prepare position papers with recommendations to the Government and cooperates with the Government in any other effective ways to optimize the legal framework for foreign direct investment in Vietnam; co-authors EuroCham publications such as EuroCham’s Whitebook on legal matters;
e. Invite and encourage all European companies and industries to approach the LSC in case they face legal issues in Vietnam;
f. Support European business to bring those issues up to the Vietnamese Government and line authorities for a positive solution for our members; and
g. Maintain close relations and cooperation with the EU Delegation to Vietnam.
How to become an LSC member:
Please kindly fill in and send me the attached LSC Application Form for our further actions.
Membership inquiry: Legal Sector Committee Coordinator: Ms. Ha Bao Tram at email: email@example.com; Tel: (84-28) 3827 2715
Key interests and Position paper
Leif Dustin SCHNEIDER