CropLife Vietnam is a member assocation of CropLife Asia - a non-profit society and the regional organization of CropLife International, the voice of the global plant science industry. CropLife advocate a safe, secure food supply, and our vision is food security enabled by innovative agriculture. CropLife Vietnam and member companies are committed to long-term investment in new technology to ensure that Vietnam’s 25 million farmers can realize higher crop yields, contribute towards the nation’s vibrant agricultural economy, and produce more high-quality food while minimizing impact on the environment and world around us. We encourage the adoption of plant science innovations including crop protection, seeds and/or biotechnology solutions.
Aims & Objectives:
- Advocate for science-based, functioning, and consistent regulatory framework that in line with international standards to support the application of Agriculture innovation (CP and Seeds) toward Government’s sustainable agriculture development
- Support to develop a robust system to protect property rights to registration data used to support crop protection products in Vietnam.
- Promote a robust patent system with vigilant enforcement for both crop protection products and products of agricultural biotechnology.
- Implement & promote product stewardship programs and strengthen partnership project to increase opportunities for farmers to adopt most advanced technology in CP and Seeds in a responsible and effective manner – that enable them to continue contributing to the sustainable food supply for both domestic use and exportation
- Increase public acceptance about sustainable agriculture, food safety, and plant science (CP and Agriculture Biotech)
- Raise awareness of the economic, social, and health problems created by counterfeit crop protection products and counterfeit products of biotechnology in Vietnam.
- Promote the use of science-based risk management procedures by regulatory authorities in Vietnam.